Political Action committees
Your next report is due to the Secretary of State b y May 31, 2012 by 5:00 PM
Please file your report electronically via the Campaign Finance Information System located at https://cfis.state.nm.us
- Please log into CFIS with your existing CFIS username and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, please click the “Forgot Your Password?” link on the CFIS homepage to have the password automatically emailed to you or you may contact an SOS Ethics staff member at 505-827-3600 to have your password reset.
- Once you log into CFIS, you will be presented with a “Welcome Page” with a link inviting you to watch our video tutorial for assistance on how to enter your campaign finance reports via CFIS.
If you have any questions please contact the Ethics Administration Team at:
- Campaign Reporting Act
- NM Campaign Finance Information System
- Political Committees Registered In New Mexico
- Important Reminder for PACS
- Political Committee Hardship Waiver
- 2012 Political Committee Registration Form
- 2012 Prohibited Periods
- 2012 Filing Schedule for PAC's
Special Session Prohibited Period
Pursuant to § 1-19-34.1 NMSA, it is unlawful for a state legislator or a candidate for state legislator, or any agent on behalf of either, to knowingly solicit a contribution for a political purpose beginning after the Proclamation has been issued, and ending on adjournment of the special session. It is unlawful for the Governor, or any agent on her behalf, to knowingly solicit a contribution for a political purpose beginning after the Proclamation has been issued and ending on the twentieth day following the adjournment of the special session.